What you'll need:
- Couple pieces of fresh watermelon
- Few slices of an orange
- Juice from 3 limes and 2 lemons
- Couple slices of grape fruit
-2 oz. Strawberry syrup
-2 oz. Pomegranate Ginger syrup. (Watch the episode for the recipe)
-5 oz. Ruby Red Grapefruit juice
-3 oz. Passion fruit juice
-3/4 bottle of white Zinfandel wine
-2 oz. of Brandy, I used Calvados an apple Brandy
-4-8 oz. of Soda Water
-Berries: blue berries, strawberries, cherries, raspberrys
1. In a pitcher add in your watermelon, orange slices, limes, lemons and grape fruit. Gently muddle together to get some of the juices flowing.
2. Once muddled add in the Strawberry and Pomegranate Ginger syrup. Gently muddle a little more and add in the Grapefruit and Passion Fruit juices.
3. Add in the wine and Brandy. Refrigerate your mixture for a few hours.
4. Once chilled add ice to your pitcher and top off with 4-8 oz. of soda water and add in your berries.
Here's a red wine variation that I also enjoy:
Prep your glass with ice and add some berries. Fill your shaker glass with 2.5-3 oz. of red wine and add:
-1 oz. Strawberry syrup
-1 oz. Pomegranate Ginger syrup
-1/2 oz. Black Cherry juice
-1 oz. Passion Fruit juice
-Fortify with 1/2 oz. Raspberry Vodka and squeeze in half a lemon.
Shake it up and strain out into your glass, top with soda water.